Today on the podcast we’re answering one of the most popular questions I receive: “how do I find my passion”. Yeah, not an easy one. Super tough! And if you’ve struggled with this or are struggling right now, this episode will help you find your way.
In fact, my good friend Chris Guillebeau has spent years researching this exact topic and shares a formula that can help you unlock some missing pieces from his book called Born For This. This super short episode packs such a huge punch, I’m so pumped to share it with you!
In this episode:
- Most people find their dream jobs and make dream careers by going down multiple paths and making lots of mistakes along the way. Don’t be afraid of taking a nonlinear path.
- You have two roles in life. Role #1: Find out what you love to do. Role #2: do that thing. You can find all the ways that you can make a career doing what you love at the intersection of joy, money, and flow.
- If you’re thinking about giving up on what you’re working on, you must listen to Chris’ bonus tip at the very end. He challenges the ideas that winners never quit, when in actuality, winners quit all the time. Super powerful and helpful set of questions to help you get some answers
If you have to ask yourself “do I have my dream job”, you probably don’t.
instagram | facebook | twitter
Listen to the Podcast
What I Asked
- What do people need to know about finding a successful career? [4:50]
- What are the three things that will help people find their calling? [6:20]
- How do you see joy in the career world? [7:05]
- Talk to me about money. [8:40]
- What’s the third element of finding your calling? [9:20]
- How do people know if they should quit something? [10:50]
What You’ll Learn:
- Check out Chris’ amazing book, Born For This, if you’re struggling to find your purpose and passion. [4:45]
- Most people who feel like they have the best job in the world did not follow a linear path. [5:12]
- You will find your calling at the intersection of joy, money, and flow. [6:30]
- Why you need to find out what joy means to you. [8:21]
- It’s important to figure out how to actually make money if you’re going to craft a creative career. [8:45]
- What “flow” is and why it’s important to your dream career. [9:28]
- If you’re struggling to find where you find flow, start by asking others what you’re best at. [10:17]
- Winners quit all the time. Flexibility is the predictor of success. [11:36]
- If you have to ask yourself “do I have my dream job”, you probably don’t. [12:38]
- Ask yourself if what you’re doing is still working and if you still believe in what you’re doing. If the answer to either of these questions is not definitely yes, then it’s time for change. [12:20]
- Check out Chris’ two CreativeLive classes, Become a Travel Hacker and Make Your Dream Trip A Reality. [13:40]
This podcast is brought to you by CreativeLive. CreativeLive is the world’s largest hub for online creative education in photo/video, art/design, music/audio, craft/maker, money/life and the ability to make a living in any of those disciplines. They are high quality, highly curated classes taught by the world’s top experts — Pulitzer, Oscar, Grammy Award winners, New York Times best selling authors and the best entrepreneurs of our times.