Making headlines back in 2016, a video recording of Jason Wilson’s student’s martial arts test went viral on social media. In the video, young Bruce is overwhelmed with fear of failure. Jason teaches him to embrace his emotion and overcome the challenge.
Jason is the founder and head instructor of the Cave of Adullam Transformational Training Academy (CATTA) and Yunion (pronounced union), a non-profit youth development organization in Detroit, Michigan. He has written two books on emotional vulnerability in men, Cry Like A Man and Breaking Through Emotional Barriers: The Four F’s To Emotional Freedom. His upcoming release, Battle Cry: Waging and Winning the War Within, teaches us to redefine masculinity to create a fitting world where gender-based stereotyping is no longer existent.
Jason is also an expert in Emotional Stability Training® and has garnered CATTA numerous acknowledgements and awards for his work teaching males how to confront and conquer their negative emotions with composure.
Today, we talk about emotional incarceration in men and why we need to break any misleading mantras that demand men be tough all the time. Jason shares a framework for releasing emotional trauma, the precursors to stress and anxiety, and how to free yourself of living in fear.
Some other things we talk about:
- What board breaking in martial arts signifies – overcoming the emotional barriers in our lives
- Jason says, “When you allow a man to become whole or comprehensive, instead of just living life as a masculine male, he becomes more aware of the wrongs and the rights that he flicked on the women in his life.” Hence, it’s essential to teach the men in our lives that it’s okay to cry, to express, to feel so they learn to treat women the way they’re supposed to.
- Jason’s concept of 4Rs – Release, Reflect, Reset, and Rest.
- Understanding trauma and why it’s important to release it
- Stop living from fear or societal expectations; live from the good in your heart.
instagram | twitter | website
Listen to the Podcast
This podcast is brought to you by CreativeLive. CreativeLive is the world’s largest hub for online creative education in photo/video, art/design, music/audio, craft/maker, money/life and the ability to make a living in any of those disciplines. They are high quality, highly curated classes taught by the world’s top experts — Pulitzer, Oscar, Grammy Award winners, New York Times best selling authors and the best entrepreneurs of our times.