You’re stuck. You’ve plateaued. You’re making great work but nobody is seeing it and you’re asking yourself “how do I get noticed?” How did the blowout successes of YouTube and Instagram get to their million+ followers? The answer: they created community.
Whether you’re an individual, a hustler, an artist, a creator, an entrepreneur, or you represent a company, the fundamental principle is that making something great and promoting it is only 50% of the work, and that the other 50% (the community) is the part that makes the difference to ongoing and repeated success.
In today’s episode,
- What building a community means.
- Why building a community is the path to your success.
- How to build your community. (step by step instructions)
“What you give is what you get.”
facebook | instagram | twitter
Listen to the Podcast
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why you need to invest in your community. [2:21]
- “The common thread is a deep and authentic connection to a really, really engaged community.” [5:17]
- Google “Chase Jarvis The Other 50%” [5:42]
- How to invest in the other 50%. Like, specifically, step by step instructions. [8:00]
- Meet other humans. Go to events and meet actual human beings. [8:10]
- If you’re an introvert and meeting people at events sounds like torture, check out my video by googling “Chase Jarvis Introverts” as well as “Chase Jarvis Vanessa Van Edwards.” We’ll help you survive social interactions! [9:45]
- The power of volunteering. [10:18]
- How to hack expensive expensive events- get the networking benefit without paying the door fee. [11:30]
- How to bolster your digital community. [12:00]
- Check out Gary V’s $1.80 Instagram Strategy. [12:55]
- Consistency and thoughtfulness gets noticed. [13:30]
- How Tim Ferriss built his community before launching his first book, The 4 Hour Workweek. [15:10]
- What to do if you don’t have time for this work. Ask yourself “how bad do you want it?” [17:08]
- How brands like Red Bull and Creative Mornings support and engage their communities. [19:00]
- The other 50% is not a task or to do, it is a mindset. [20:55]
- Check out the following videos- “How Introverts Become Great At Promoting Their Work”, a couple of classes on CreativeLive from Vanessa Van Edwards- Master Your People Skills, The Power of Body Language, and there’s also a video that I made with Vanessa called Be the Most Memorable Person in the Room. [22:55]
This podcast is brought to you by CreativeLive. CreativeLive is the world’s largest hub for online creative education in photo/video, art/design, music/audio, craft/maker, money/life and the ability to make a living in any of those disciplines. They are high quality, highly curated classes taught by the world’s top experts — Pulitzer, Oscar, Grammy Award winners, New York Times best selling authors and the best entrepreneurs of our times.