(Note: A similar post originally appeared as part of our podcast launch announcement. To enable everyone to find Mark Cuban’s show notes, I’ve decided to include a separate post here as well.)
Mark sold his first company at age 29, his second one at age 39 for $5.7 Billion, he is the outspoken owner of Dallas Mavericks, he owns Magnolia Pictures, and is the star of ABC’s Shark Tank.
In this episode, Mark shares some stories that are not widely known. We really get into what makes Mark tick and why he is different than a lot of other entrepreneurs. He has some controversial opinions as you might imagine, but it’s in this controversy that you’ll be able to learn how he’s winning at what he calls the ultimate sport: business.
You either want to win, or you don’t want to win. Business is the ultimate sport.
twitter | facebook | cyberdust
Watch the Episode
Mark’s episode was featured in the 30 Days of Genius series of Chase Jarvis Live on CreativeLive. If you like this, join 50,000+ people who are receiving one of these videos everyday.
Listen to the Podcast
Some Questions I Ask
- How to find the things that you’re good at? [8:40]
- Should you follow your passion? [9:23]
- What is hustle and grind? [12:00]
- Why to hire people that are good at what you suck at? [18:00]
- How Cyberdust encourages honesty, which creates better conversations [26:20]
- What are Mark’s personal habits and morning routine? [34:37]
- Do you bet on ideas or people? [44:03]
- What would people be surprised to learn about you? [48:20]
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- How to know your business is succeeding [5:20]
- How Mark feels about risk [7:20]
- One of the most important skill sets that someone can have [17:00]
- Mark’s best advice for the Mavericks and you [19:26]
- The secret to being successful is reducing the stress for those around you [20:30]
- Mark’s mindset towards working hard, working tired, and playing hard through the 4th quarter [40:58]
- On the difference between the stresses of chasing success and being chased [50:42]
- Why the best equity is sweat equity [54:39]
- Doing something rather than nothing. [1:03:16]
- Plus much more…
This podcast is brought to you by CreativeLive. CreativeLive is the world’s largest hub for online creative education in photo/video, art/design, music/audio, craft/maker, money/life and the ability to make a living in any of those disciplines. They are high quality, highly curated classes taught by the world’s top experts — Pulitzer, Oscar, Grammy Award winners, New York Times best selling authors and the best entrepreneurs of our times.