We dive deep into:
- You are a lot weirder than you think you are. WE ALL ARE in fact. We’re repressing so many sides of who we are – most often without even knowing it. We’re trying to stand out. We’re trying to fit in. The stuff we repress and try to hide are like a stranger within us. Knowing all this – and how to navigate it – gives us personal power.
- It it possible to harness our “dark side” for increased creativity, wisdom, strength and character? Robert argues that, not only is it something worth tapping into, it’s THE source of power missing in your life.
- Robert’s recent near-death experience has given him a profound sense of gratitude, how it has compelled him to be more patient and has challenged him to apply the advice he offers to others.
- That ugly, self-sabotaging voice in our head…how to manage and counteract it to increase joy and personal performance. it’s no surprise that we create our own circumstances by the attitudes we have (self-perpetuating) – but Robert gives us new strategies to change our own attitudes.
In short – this interview is a doozie. We cover the parts of Human Nature that you’ve had a hunch about but never had the guts to dig into, for fear of what you might find. Robert has done this research for us – in a heartfelt and nuanced way – and delivers us to the doorstep of answers that surprise, frighten, delight, and most definitely makes us think.
Enjoy and subscribe to the podcast below if you dig. Please give Robert a shout on social @robertgreene 😉
twitter | instagram | website
Listen to the Podcast
Watch the Episode
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Chase Jarvis — https://www.chasejarvis.com/
- Robert Greene — http://powerseductionandwar.com/
- Robert Greene on Twitter — https://twitter.com/robertgreene?lang=en
- Mastery on Amazon — https://www.amazon.com/Mastery-Robert-Greene/dp/014312417X
- The 48 Laws of Power on Amazon — https://www.amazon.com/48-Laws-Power-Robert-Greene/dp/0140280197/
- The 50th Law on Amazon — https://www.amazon.com/50th-Law-50-Cent/dp/006177460X/
- The Laws of Human Nature on Amazon — https://www.amazon.com/Laws-Human-Nature-Robert-Greene/dp/0525428143/
- CreativeLive — https://www.creativelive.com/
- Carl Jung — https://www.cgjungpage.org/learn/about-jung
- Melanie Klein — https://www.verywellmind.com/melanie-klein-biography-2795547
- Ryan Holiday — https://ryanholiday.net/
- Quentin Tarantino — https://www.tarantino.info/
- Vanessa Van Edwards — https://www.scienceofpeople.com/about/
- Robert Mapplethorpe — http://www.mapplethorpe.org/
- Abraham Maslow — https://www.simplypsychology.org/maslow.html
- Albert Einstein — https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/physics/1921/einstein/biographical/
- Steve Jobs — https://allaboutstevejobs.com/
- Pablo Picasso — https://www.pablopicasso.org/
This podcast is brought to you by CreativeLive. CreativeLive is the world’s largest hub for online creative education in photo/video, art/design, music/audio, craft/maker, money/life and the ability to make a living in any of those disciplines. They are high quality, highly curated classes taught by the world’s top experts — Pulitzer, Oscar, Grammy Award winners, New York Times best selling authors and the best entrepreneurs of our times.